2.29.2008

Hospitals are tons of fun.

I had surgery yesterday to remove one of the plates from my jaw. We had to be at the hospital at 5:45am, and from that point on, the morning was complete crap. Not that surgery is ever a joyous experience, but wow yesterday sucked.
I woke up with awful cramps (yes, those kind) and wasn't allowed to take anything for them, and just as I expected, the pain turned into vomiting in the pre-op room. And vomiting on an empty stomach is always a grand event. And by grand, I mean neon yellow foam and dry heaves.
The nurse for some reason unknown to me, could not find a vein in my elbow. I have NEVER had this problem before. I have veins that would make a heroin addict jealous. But no, this girl... she couldn't find one. And stuck me 4 times in the hand. That shit hurts like a bitch. The tube was on my bone, and every time they injected something into the IV, I could feel it. I whimpered. It hurt.

That was the worst of it, though. Right now I have a swollen cheek, I feel like I was ran over - every muscle in my body is tight and sore for some reason. I'm on a milkshake, pudding, mashed potatoes, and Boost diet, and a whole mess of painkillers. Today my drug of choice is Percoset. And honestly, my biggest complaint is my throat. The breathing tube they put down there must've tore it up because it hurts so bad, and I've been coughing up blood from the back of my throat. Tons of fun. And I am seriously fiending for a cigarette.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Dude, that sucks. I feel for ya. You should take a feel good pill and snuggle up with Pete. Cats always make things better.