4.20.2008

Bollocks!

Criminy, my posts (aside from the last one) are becoming so maudlin. This one, in theory, will be as well... but I'm going to strike it up a notch and make it a little less St. Elmo's Fire.

First off, light topic - I've been going to the gym more often. And by more often I mean I went three times this week, after not going in a month. I work out every day at home with the stability ball, but I felt like I needed some cardio. The worst part of going to the gym is building up the initiative to get out the door and drive to the gym. Once I'm there, I'm fine, I get to work on that eliptical, and I go home feeling accomplished. But this part pisses me off: When I start going to the gym frequently, I start eating like a starved horse. Which, I suppose is how it's supposed to be. But I seriously will eat 4 or 5 meals a day, and go at them like I haven't eaten in weeks. An entire plate will be inhaled in mere seconds. It's enough to make any female feel like they've taken one step forward and 4 plates back.

SECOND, I must be hitting that idealistic age in life where I feel like I should strike out and embark on life's adventures, like many before me in their VW busses on only a paycheck and a prayer. I can't really do that right now, though. If I took off tomorrow and woke up in San Francisco, my next stop would be making license plates in Leavenworth. For real though, I lead a boring life. My particular branch of the military is not thrilling. And on that note, I'm really beyond disillusioned with the military - we spend more time trying to NOT get in trouble by those appointed over us for whatever stupid reasons, than we do actually doing any real work. I digress; they're paying me, so I'll continue doing it for another fifteen (!!!) months.
I got sidetracked, sorry. About the boring life. This sounds like a crazy coming of age Lifetime special, but I REALLY REALLY want to experience the GOOD parts of the country. I'm tired of spending my days/nights doing one of two things: Sitting on the couch, surfing the internet, watching reruns of Will & Grace, OR, going out drinking. Bah. I want to fall asleep next to a bonfire on a beach in San Diego, then wake up and learn how to surf.

I want to go to Aspen and learn how to ski, then spend the evening next to a fireplace sipping cocoa.

I want to spend an extended period of time in New York City and take in all the sights until I'm so comfortable with the city that I no longer need a map.

I want to stay in a hotel or an apartment where everytime I look out the window and see the night skyline, it takes my breath away. I want to walk the streets of London and fall in love with the city.



I think I watch too much TV.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.