5.28.2008

A few of my favorite things.

1. Benefiber
Ok, I have tummy problems. And by problems, I mean every so often my stomach just says "Meh. Not feelin it," and decides not to digest anything for a few days. Then I'd end up feeling fat and slow, and wouldn't eat. This stuff fixed that issue right up.

2. Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea.
That broad is right up my alley. Cynical and hilarious.

3. Chocolate Chex
Addicting.

4. Dove Energy Glow lotion
Gives my pasty ass some color, without oompa loompa spots. Sorry, I just can't go au naturale. You know those people who have pale skin that's naturally creamy or has nice olive undertones? That's not me. I thank my German and Welsh ancestors and a red-haired dad for my translucent pink paleness.

5. The Black Keys and Metro Station
Two very different sounds, but both very pleasing to thine ears. [Black Keys are bluesy classic rock sounding; Metro Station is dancy pop sugar.]



Yep, all good stuff. I went on a self-gifting spree this week, for reasons unknown. I still haven't got my damned stimulus check, so it's surely not due to feeling monily endowed. I think I was just bored.

I ordered clearance clothes from Hollister (yes, I'm cheap when it comes to myself), a Callahan Auto Parts t-shirt (if you don't get it, you suck), and the latest Muse live CD/DVD (FREAKING ROCKS!).

So I'm basically getting one package in the mail per day, and that's something everyone loves receiving. "Oooh presents!" Bottom line is, I very rarely buy things for myself, so when I do it, I do it all at one time and basically make a holiday out of it. It makes me more humble.... like the way I get excited about the new loofah and tweezers I bought myself.

Last night I colored my hair MYSELF and it turned out fabulous, for the first time ever.

The thing I really went nuts on was ordering a whole bunch of home decor for the apartment. I love decorating, and don't know why I let our apartment go so naked for so long. I guess I was waiting until we got somewhere more permanent, and someplace we actually like. Then I realized, once we move somewhere more permenent that we actually like (Oregon), we will be poor college students, scraping by on top ramen and Pabst Blue Ribbon. So I might as well buy the decor now.

No comments: