4.25.2008

Pop off.

Ok, so this made my day yesterday:

As you may or may not know, I work the graveyard shift, so I'm up all night. I was standing on the porch smoking around 3:30am - it's normally stoic silence outside. Then a van pulled up and a woman got out to throw newspapers onto porches. She was a large black woman, and was shouting obscenities over her cell-phone while she was slinging papers. I was like damn, don't get in her way or she'll kill your ass. She came over to my apartments as I was putting my cigarette out and walking inside. She was still shouting at somebody over the phone, but when she saw me, she pulled the phone away, flashed the sweetest smile, and said "Good morning!" I said hi, then she kept walking and went back to shouting.

She just may be my new hero.

No comments: